Skip to main content

Panasonic Lumix Zoom Lens Became Useless After Attempted Repair by Chain Technology Service Corp

Panasonic Lumix Zoom Lens Became Useless After Attempted Repair by Chain Technology Service Corp


Panasonic Lumix Zoom Lens

This Panasonic Zoom Lens 100-300mm served me well for a few years.  But in February 2020, when I extend the zoom to beyond 200mm, the lens is not focusing.   It only works when the lens is zoomed only between 100-200mm.

So I brought it to an authorized Panasonic service center.

February 20, 2020: I brought the lens to:
CHAIN TECHNOLOGY SERVICE CORPORATION,
Yutivo Bldg. # 265 San Vicente St., Binondo Manila. 1006
Phone : (632) 8711-4009

March 6, 2020: Chain Technology representatives advised me that I need to pay them ₱1,200 to order parts for the lens. I did.

June 23, 2020: I made a follow-up but the lens is not yet done. They told me that the part needed has arrived. But they are still waiting for the technician to report to work to get it done. Their excuse -- it was a pandemic. Fine. Accepted.

Aug 24: I. made a follow-up again. Still not fixed.

Sept 24: I was advised that the lens is fixed so I went to Chain Marketing to pick it up. When I tested it, it was still not working. I left the lens there again for them to fix it.

Oct 27: Another follow-up. Still not done. Their excuse this time is they have no camera body to test the lens with so I sent my Olympus camera along with battery and charger.

February 2021: After making a follow-up on my camera, I was informed that they are incapable of fixing the lens, after ONE YEAR! They told me that they will return it to me instead. And they have the nerve to charge ₱1,000 for the check-up fee! I asked why they should charge me if they were unable to fix it, they said it's a standard charge. I haggled with them and they lowered their charge to 500. They then promised to deliver the unrepaired lens to me. For months it never arrived.

18 June 2021: I paid for a courier to go pick up the lens. I received my lens - unrepaired.  And to my surprise, the Lens Mount Contact was not attached!  





28 June 2021: Called Chain, I complained that the lens contact mount is missing. She promised to look into my concern. They called me on the same day and told me to send the lens and camera back to them. I did.

14 July 2021: Someone texted me from Chain Tech that the camera is ready for pick-up. I called Chain Tech Service to clarify what was fixed. They told me they returned the lens contact mount.

15 July 2021: I received the lens again with the lens contact mount attached. But it is not working as original -- it is not focusing through the entire zoom range! When I brought this lens to them last year, the problem was -- it was not focusing at 200-300mm. Today it is totally not working -- not focusing at all through the entire zoom range!

When I brought this lens to Chain Technology Service Corp. last February 2020, it was focusing albeit at 100-200mm only.   Now, they damaged it beyond repair that it is not focusing totally.  From partly working before I brought it to them to totally useless after they touched it.

This is a warning for you here in the Philippines to think twice before sending your Panasonic equipment to Chain Technology Service Corporation, supposed to be a Panasonic authorized service center.   They are incompetent and they make no attempt to do proper customer service.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a Not Scanning on Mac

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a Scan Function Does Not Work Out-of-the-Box on Mac Computers HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a served my expectations as far as printing is concerned -- good crisp black and white prints. Probably a legacy of the long experience of HP products as far as laser printing is concerned. For printing, I am pleased with it. Copying is also good, easy copying with one button copy feature. HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28a is a multi-function printer which can also perform scanning and this is where it failed - it does not work with Mac computers . I have two macs and it does not work on both. I have done many troubleshooting and there is no solution found yet, even an HP employee responding to the official HP community stated that this model is not supported on Mac with the latest macOS (Mojave). I am not prepared to downgrade my macOS just to accommodate this printer. HP LaserJet Pro MFP M28 is working on a Windows PC. Here is another feedback that surprised me, this m

FitFlop Kooper

Fitflop Kooper - the best shoes I've ever had, unfortunately - discontinued. I was not impressed with the look of these shoes but my wife convinced me that I should try them because she says Fitflops are comfortable.  So, I did try them and I after walking on them, I was convinced that I bought them.  This was in 2012.   Since then, I have worn them almost everyday (except on formal days).  These pair have been through all sorts of terrain paved and unpaved and they never disappoint.  They are so comfortable.   After 4 years of wearing them everyday, this is how my Fitflop Kooper looked like - old and worn but I loved them for they gave me comfortable walks for years. Time for a replacement and I am 100% sure, I am going to buy another Fitflop Kooper, so I went to our local Fitflop store in Manila and to my dismay, they don't have stock - they told me this model is discontinued.  I searched for it around the internet but I cannot find any Fitflop Kooper a